4.14.2013

Weekend Wear

Tank: Old Navy Cardigan: Target Jeans: NY&C Flats: Payless Necklace: Mom's 

I hope you all had a nice weekend!  I spent the weekend at my mom and dad's house, hanging out with them and my brother.

On Saturday, my family and I went to Wild Rumpus, a fantastic children's bookstore in Minneapolis, with the little boy my parent's mentor.  The bookstore has all kinds of animals roaming around in the store (cats and chickens!) and other animals hanging out in cages (lizards, tarantulas, birds, chinchillas, ferrets).  The entrance to the bookstore has a big door for adults and a little purple door for kiddos.  My family brought my brother and me there often when we were little, and it was so much fun to be back!! I can't wait to take my future children there some day :)

That afternoon, I visited my friend Jayne (she's an old supervisor of mine, who has become a dear friend...she even officiated our wedding!) and her two daughters.  When I was a senior in college, I nannied her oldest daughter, who is almost four years old now.  I haven't seen the girls since October, and it was crazy how much they have changed, especially her younger daughter who is nine months old now!  It was so fun to be Auntie Brynn again!

Saturday night, my brother and I had a date together.  We went out for dinner at Cossetta's, a DELICIOUS Italian restaurant in St. Paul, and then to see Rufus Wainwright in concert.  We had a blast together!  I also encouraged my brother to get Snapchat, so we spent an obscene amount of time this weekend sending each other ugly pictures of ourselves.


Dress: Old Navy Vest: Old Navy Belt: The Limited Boots: Guess

On Sunday, I sang at the church I grew up at with my family.  I LOVE to sing.  The woman who leads the music at the contemporary service is a close mentor and friend of mine, and she is so awesome and lets me sing whenever I want.  It's been so nice to have a musical outlet!  My mom also got confirmed this weekend, so it was nice to be there to support her as well.

I totally copied this outfit from Fran - I about died when I saw her wear this back in February, and I've been waiting to wearing it!  I probably would not have thought to pair this dress and vest together if it hadn't been for Fran, so thank you, my dear!!  I love how this outfit turned out and I got several compliments on it today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment