4.01.2013

Budgeting Bloggers: March




It's time to link up with Fran and the other Budgetting Bloggers!  I try not to spend more than $50 each month on clothes each month.  After a low-spending February, I was tempted by all the spring deals and felt the need to get some new springy pieces to freshen up my wardrobe.  Let's review...
  • Navy striped skirt: Target - $18 with gift card
  • Black floral wedges: Payless - $15
  • Navy polka dot skirt: Target - $9 with gift card
  • Gray crew-neck sweatshirt: Old Navy - $15
  • Levi's denim jacket: Gift from my parents (thanks, Mom and Dad!!)
  • White lace shirt: Target - $18 with gift card
  • Navy/green striped sweater dress: Old Navy - $9
  • White lace dress: Target - $17 with gift card
  • Black/white striped dress: Old Navy - $15
  • Red wool cordones: TOMS - Gift from my parents
Grand total: $116.

That's way over my $50ish budget per month.  However, the Target items were purchased with gift cards, including the one I won from Kimmie's blog giveaway in January (thanks, Kimmie!!).  If I subtract out the Target items, the total comes to $54, only $4 over my monthly budget.  I can live with that.  I'm so grateful to my parents, too, for generously giving me the denim jacket and new TOMS!

Many of these items fulfilled items from my closet wish list as well, including the skirts, wedges, denim jacket, and lace shirt.  It feels good to finally have some pieces that I've been searching for for a long time!  I'm so excited to create new outfits with these new pieces and dress for spring :)  What items are you most looking forward to seeing on the blog?

Check out the other Budgetting Bloggers and see how they did this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment