5.16.2013

Day Fifteen: Today

Dress: Old Navy Flats: Payless

Today's topic for Blog Every Day in May is to give a play-by-play of your day.  I'm a really boring person...Here was my day:

5:00 am: Wake up to a puppy who needs to go potty.  Kevin lets out the dogs, and then they all come snuggle in our bed until it's time to get ready for the day.  I check my email and figure out how to help Delia get used to her crate (she's been crying all night long...we decided to put her in Pippin's kennel with her last night and it went so much better).
8:00 am: Wake up, feed the dogs, and get ready for the day before Kevin leaves for work at 9:00.
9:30 am: Take outfit pictures, feel like something is missing, throw on a gold necklace.  Play with dogs and let them outside again before going into work to conduct interviews...on my day off...ugh.  Feel super sad that Delia cries and panics in her crate.
10:00 am-12:30 pm: Work.  Conduct interviews for summer student staff, chat with boss about who to hire, send emails, catch up on work after having been off since last Friday.  Talk to one of the head directors of the animal rescue group about Delia's aversion to the crate and how we can help her feel safer and more secure.
12:30 pm: Leave work, get soaking wet from the rain (didn't know that was going to happen today...).  Head to the pet store to get a new toy for Delia for only playing with in her crate...fingers crossed that it works!
1:30 pm:  Come home to two very nervous dogs - Delia is still crying...4 hours later.  Feel super guilty about it and take the dogs on a nice walk to get their nervous energy out.
2:00 pm: Take more outfit pictures with the gold necklace, but realize none of them are good enough for the blog because my hair had gotten all frizzy and gross from the earlier rain.  Settle for a shot from this morning and start to answer emails, begin this post, read blogs, etc. while eating toast and yogurt for lunch.
3:00 pm: Kevin comes home from work!  We chat about the day together, decide how we're going to contain Delia tomorrow when I go back to work.  Attempt to take pictures of Delia to put on her Petfinder profile and fail miserably.  Get one cute shot (below!)
4:00 pm: One of Kevin's coworkers stops by to meet Delia and we chat for 45 minutes.
4:45 pm: Kevin falls asleep with the dogs, I continue catching up on blogs, planning outfits, doing laundry, relaxing, etc.
6:30 pm: Kevin takes the dogs outside and I do a little cleaning around the apartment.
7:00 pm: Kevin and I went out to the tennis courts by our apartment and played tennis for a while.  It felt great to get out and do something active.  My knee has been really bothering me lately so I've been hesitant to go running.  It's been a week since I've worked out and I am really feeling it - gross.
9:00 pm: We finally watched Silver Linings Playbook!  It was soooo good.  It's been built up by so many friends so I was worried I wouldn't like it, but it was so great!  Plus, Jennifer Lawrence is in it, and I LOVE HER.
11:30 pm: Put the puppies outside one last time and go to bed!

I love her little tongue poking out!

**I wrote this post yesterday but didn't publish it until this morning!  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment