5.08.2013

Day Eight: Advice.

Tee: Target Skirt: Target Shoes: Payless Necklace: From Mom

I absolutely love this outfit.  I wanted to wear a fuller skirt today, and this chambray skirt with pockets called to me from my closet this morning!  I also wanted to finally break out my new sandal wedges, so I thought I'd keep the other elements of my outfit focused on black.  I love how this turned out - I feel cute and put together and sassy.  I'm also having a fantastic hair day - I cut it over the weekend and it's quite a bit shorter than it was (particularly in the back, which you can't see here).  I love having a good hair day.

The prompt for today's Blog Every Day in May challenge is to give some advice.  Well, as an aspiring school counselor, we have been taught time and time again that we are not professional advice-givers.  After a year of graduate school, it feels weird to give advice.  But I'll pass on a nugget of wisdom that has been really helpful and motivating to me in my adulthood!

Find a cause that you are passionate about and do something about it.  In a world where there is so much injustice, inequality, and negativity, it feels amazing to make a difference.  Give your time by volunteering or give your money by making donations, or spread the word by advocating for others and educating people who may not know about the cause that you're interested in.  I know I talk about this all the time, but animal rescue is the thing I am most passionate about.  I have done plenty of research on animal rescue and talk to people about it all the time (for instance, I talk about the importance of spaying or neutering your pets).  I volunteer at the local animal shelter on adoption days and help place animals in their forever homes.  And this weekend, Kevin and I are getting our first foster puppy from a high-kill shelter in Kentucky.  We don't have many details yet, but we're excited to share with you when we do know more!  I have never been this excited or passionate about something in my life, and I cannot wait to start saving the lives of innocent dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment