3.26.2013

Five Days, Five Ways: Teal Pants



It's the second day of Fran and Whitney's Five Days Five Ways challenge!  Today's challenge is to find multiple ways to wear a pair of pants.  I'm choosing to remix these teal pants.

Honestly, I completely forgot that I had these pants.  I bought them a while back at TJ Maxx after searching and searching for a pair of colored denim.  I wore them once with a chambray shirt in October, and had it in my head that they didn't fit me and were not flattering.  I was searching through my closet to decide what pants to wear for this challenge, and I found these again.  I put them on, and they fit, so I decided they would be the perfect pants to use for today!

Tee: Target Sandals: Target Necklace: From Mom

This is exactly the kind of outfit I can't wait to wear!  Spring better come soon, because I'm getting antsy to wear my tees and sandals!  I thought this was a nice, casual outfit - perfect to wear on the weekends, or out for lunch with friends. 

Shirt: Old Navy Wedges: Payless Necklace: F21

I would wear this outfit out on a date.  I'm not thrilled with the way this shirt photographs - in real life, it's a great dark gray color.  I also don't like this necklace with the outfit.  I think it might look better with a shorter necklace, or more of a pendant-type necklace.  I love the way these pants look with my new wedges, though! 

Sweater: Old Navy Boots: Target Necklace: Birthday gift from parents

I would wear this outfit to work, or on the weekends.  I've struggled a little bit about what to wear with this sweater (it's a black cable knit sweater, why is it so hard to wear?!), but I think they look great with these pants!  I also think I could have worn this outfit with a scarf (maybe leopard print?) and it would look great, too.

Shirt: Old Navy Cardigan: Thrifted Eddie Bauer Flats: Thrifted new Target stock

 Here is another springy outfit - very colorful!  I'm not usually one to wear lots of colors like this, but I thought I would push myself a little bit.  I've worn this shirt and cardigan together before, but usually only with regular denim.  These jeans are colorful but not too wild, so I think they go nicely together.  I also rolled up the pant legs a little bit for a more casual vibe.

Tank: Old Navy Blazer: Old Navy Flats: Payless Necklace: Birthday gift from parents

This is an outfit I would wear to work.  I really love teal and black together, and while I could have worn a solid colored tank or blouse, the stripes add a little visual interest.  I could also swap the blazer for a cardigan for a similar (perhaps slightly more casual) look.

There you have it!  My five ways to wear teal skinnies :)  What look do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment