3.29.2013

Five Days, Five Ways: Casual Friday


It's the last day of Whitney and Fran's Five Days, Five Ways link up!  Today's challenge is Casual Friday.  While you've seen many of my winter casual looks, I wanted to finally put together some springy outfits :)  Since I often dress a little casual on the blog, I wanted to interpret "casual Friday" as weekend wear.  These outfits are things you could expect to see me in on the weekends this spring and summer.

 Tee: Old Navy Skirt: Old Navy Flats: Target (thrifted, NWT)

I love these knit skirts from Old Navy - they're comfortable and versatile...and the price is right!  I bought this skirt over the winter, and I've been dying to wear it without tights.  I have big plans for this skirt over the course of the next few months...chambray shirt, tees, with my denim jacket...it's going to be much loved!

 Tee: Target Shorts: Old Navy Scarf: Gift from a friend Sandals: Born via DSW

These shorts are my go-to in the summer.  They're so comfortable and they go with so much.  I love wearing scarves all year round, and I knew I had to include a casual outfit with a scarf.

Dress: Old Navy Cardigan: Target Necklace: From Mom Sandals: Target

One thing I love about maxi dresses is that they look really nice, but you feel like you're wearing pajamas.  This outfit might look less casual, but I would totally wear this on a weekend, shopping with a friend, out to lunch, even to the grocery store!

Dress: Old Navy Flats: Payless

Like the previous outfit, I like to be able to just throw on a dress and some comfortable flats or sandals and go.  It's incredibly easy, but it still looks pretty cute!  I love the color of this dress - so bright and warm!

Shirt: Thrifted American Eagle Jeans: NY&C Shoes: TOMS

Yes, this is a ridiculous pose, but going through my pictures, I BORE MYSELF looking at my like two poses I ever do.  This is how I feel about the weekend...excited...and sassy...??  Whatever.  I love wearing cuffed jeans and a casual button up shirt on weekends.  I have a few shirts that are similar to this, and they get tons of wear over the spring and summer seasons.  I wear them with skirts, jeans, shorts, you name it.

I'm so glad you stuck with me this week with all my posts for Five Days, Five Ways!  I'm hoping to do some kind of little recap or something in the next day or two about it, so stay tuned, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment