6.24.2013

Crazy Weather + 30x30!!

Dress: Target, thrifted new Blazer: Gap Sandals: Old Navy

Happy Monday!  What a weekend!  We were hit hard with storms in Minnesota this weekend.  Up in the Twin Cities, where my family lives, there were trees down all over the place, and some people are still out of power (from Friday evening!).  A huge tree fell on my grandpa's house, but thankfully, he wasn't home when it happened and the tree didn't fall through the roof.  An hour southwest, which is where I live, we didn't have as much damage, but we did have some ginormous hail.  Seriously, there was one chunk outside our door that was bigger than a ping pong ball!

I went to the wedding of a very good family friend this weekend.  It's her second marriage - her husband died back in 2005.  I used to nanny her daughters, who are now 18 and 21, and are like my little sisters, and it was so much fun to see them again.  The wedding was held at their friend's house: a 100-year-old mansion with a carriage house and gorgeous gardens.  It was so beautiful!  Unfortunately, the house was out of power due to the storms the night before, but the candlelit wedding was still so pretty.  I really love weddings :)

I'm super excited to share with you that Inge and I are going to be undertaking the 30 for 30 remix challenge that Kendi started several years ago (essentially, you pick out 30 items of clothing and wear them for 30 days)!  We've both been considering it for a while, and decided we'd just go for it :)  We'll be starting July 1, and we want to encourage you all to join us if you're interested - just be sure to tell us that you want to join along.  I'll be posting my 30 items later this week, so stay tuned!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment