5.13.2013

Day Thirteen: I'm sorry.

Shirt: Thrifted American Eagle Jeans: JCPenney Shoes: TOMS

I'm sorry for the boring outfit today.  I'm off of work today through Wednesday, and taking care of our new foster puppy, so I'm not looking glamorous by any means.

I'm sorry I didn't blog on Saturday for the Blog Every Day in May challenge.  I didn't like the prompt and wasn't sure I wanted to blog just for the sake of the challenge.  In fact, I went into this fully expecting to blog every day, but I'm unsure if that's what I want to do right now.  I don't want to be tied to my computer or feel obligated in any way.  I do like some of the prompts, though, so I'll probably blog on those days.

I'm sorry for talking about animal rescue all the time [I'm actually not that sorry about this one...].  It's just something I'm incredibly passionate about.  We spent our day yesterday bathing little puppies, snuggling them, helping them get checked out by the vet, matching them with their new foster homes, and giving them the love they haven't received before but so badly need and deserve.  We took home our first foster puppy, Delia, and couldn't be more smitten with her.  It will be difficult to say goodbye to her when she is placed her with her forever family, but fostering her and having to say goodbye is so much better than the alternative (euthanasia).


This is the sweet little girl who has stolen our hearts and is making herself comfortable in our home (and my lap, right now) for the time being.  She is 12 weeks old and cute as can be.  Her mother was shot in front of her three brothers and her, so they became mother-less very early.  Thankfully, all four of them are placed in loving foster homes right now to give them the love and security they need.  I keep telling her (and myself) that the worst part of her life is over - she is safe now.


No comments:

Post a Comment