3.06.2013

My Beloved Black Boots

Blouse: TJ Maxx Blazer: Target Pants: NY&C Boots: Target

Is it bad that I'm already mourning the loss of these boots?  I've had them for over two years now, and they're still in great condition, but I know some day they will need to be retired.  They fit me like a glove, are super comfortable, and are so simple.  I love that they can be slipped on and off without zippers, laces, or buckles.  And they were $35 from Target.  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

I was thinking about these boots, after Fran's post on investment pieces, and what the heck that even means.  As you see every day, most of what I own is from budget-friendly stores like Target and Old Navy, and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.  I enjoy being able to get stylish and reliable clothes at places I can afford.  Sometimes, I feel that we bloggers are expected to buy, buy, buy and become walking advertisements for certain brands of clothing and accessories, but I simply cannot afford to buy clothing that costs that much.  [I think] I look good on my modest budget, and I enjoy finding great deals on clothing (thanks, Mom, for teaching me to shop the sales!).  I guess what I'm saying is, these $35 Target boots have served me incredibly well, and have been one of my wardrobe workhorses and favorite items for years.  I don't need to buy $200 boots in order to look and feel great!

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Because Shanna Said So.

No comments:

Post a Comment